If you have just started growing silage and want to start using it to protect your herd, then you must know the various kinds of Net-Wrap silage covers that exist in the market today. For that reason, it’s essential to buy a suitable one for the purpose. To help you out, here are three guidelines to aid you with your silage covers and hence make them even more efficient in protecting your folding livestock. 1.)
- Choose The Right One. There are a lot of silage storage options available in the market today. So, the right one for you depends upon the amount of livestock you want to secure and how you wish to protect them from the weather. If you’re going to store folding livestock, then you can always use insulated wire. However, if you want to keep a few animals like goats or cows, you should go for the wire mesh ones.
- Choose The Right Size. Silage covers come in different sizes. So, before actually buying, it’s essential to know the exact size of the animal you intend to secure with the help of these tarps. It is because some animals like goats need a larger size covering than the others. If you have to buy a large size covering, you can also ask your supplier to double wrap it, and thus it will be even more durable.
- Look At The Types Available. Net-Wrap silage covers come in different types. At the same time, some of them are made up of plastic, while others are made up of tarps. Therefore, before actually buying, you need to look at all the types available and then select one that suits the requirement.
- Price Matters. When it comes to buying Net-Wrap silage covers, price is something that people pay little attention to. However, when it comes to something as crucial as silo storage, you need to invest a lot and get the best one. If you want to get a good quality product at reasonable prices, you need to research and check out all the suppliers online.
- Look At The Features Of The Fodder. Many factors will determine the kind of cover you need. For example, if you want to store wet straws, you should get covers made up of waterproof materials like canvas. If you’re going to have silage storage shed that is quite sturdy, then you should get one that has polyethylene woven mesh and strong metal strips along with it.